Muscular Dystrophy UK
On Friday 22nd of January our team pushed aside their usual attire and put on something orange in aid of Muscular Dystrophy UK’s ‘Go Orange’ campaign. This fantastic charity funds research to help Neurologists gain a better understanding of the cause of these life changing conditions and one day hopefully secure a cure. The charity also helps to support families who live with muscle-wasting conditions and improve their quality of life.
With our ‘Guess how many sweets are in the jar?’ & ‘Name the Bear’ competitions and the sale of our handmade Orange ribbons we managed to raise over £100 for this worthy charity.
Baddow Hospital’s donation will help Muscular Dystrophy UK to continue their vital work supporting the 70,000 young people and adults in the UK who have life-limiting muscle wasting conditions. It enable the charity to:
- Fund world-class research to find effective treatments and cures
- Provide free practical and emotional support
- Campaign to raise awareness and bring about change
- Award grants towards the cost of specialist equipment, such as powered wheelchairs.
- Enables us provide specialist education and development for health professionals.
Thank you again for everyone’s support as each contribution really does make a difference.
Anneke from Muscular Dystrophy UK
To see more of the amazing things that Muscular Dystrophy UK do click here
See below some photos from the day…