Top tips for cosmetic surgery patients
You may have been thinking about cosmetic surgery for a while. Weighing up the pros and cons before pushing it to the bottom of your priority list. Yet still you wonder, is this the option for me, could this make me happy â€“ and where do I start?
There are a number of different reasons you may be looking into cosmetic surgery but usually it boils down to body confidence. Whether you are looking to reduce an area of your body or enhance, you will feel a number of different questions and queries filling your mind. How long is my recovery, where shall I have my surgery done and how do I know which consultant to go with?
It is important to know these questions are completely normal and, by the day of your theatre admission, you should feel completely informed and comfortable, albeit still a little nervous. Our priority is to make sure you are 100% happy with your decision.
Here are some top tips for exploring your cosmetic surgery options:
- You can find most of the answers to your questions online but wouldnâ€™t it be nice to ask the consultant specialist who will be performing the procedure before paying for a full consultation? For this, we have our free mini consultations *click here for more details
- Upon booking your consultation, ask the Baddow Hospital team about our consultants. It is important for you to know that our consultants are GMC registered and qualified to carry out your desired procedure. Have a look at our consultant bios to learn more about your consultant.
- Once you have booked your consultation, write down a list of questions you would like answered. We suggest you do this in the comfort of your own home as you would be surprised how many questions go out of peopleâ€™s mind when they actually meet their consultant. Alternatively bring a friend or family member with you. They may ask a question you havenâ€™t thought of yet.
- It is important to know that every patient is different in shape and size so it is difficult to know exactly your result until you have had your procedure performed. However, our consultants are always happy to show you before and after pictures from previous patients who have given consent.
- Baddow Hospital adopts a two-week cooling-off period following your consultation. This is to ensure that every cosmetic patient has time to absorb all of the information they have been given within their consultation. If after this two-week period you have some questions regarding the procedure, aftercare or payment, just call our team and they will be happy to answer them for you.
- Once you have booked your procedure, you will be booked in for a pre-op assessment with one of our cosmetic nurses. Familiarise yourself with these ladies as they will be seeing you again for your post-operative appointments. They are here to ensure you are ready for your procedure and have a smooth aftercare plan in place.
- Planning ahead, either undertake all household chores before your procedure or ensure someone is able to do these for you. Patients with the best results are the patients who rest for the requested amount of time as instructed by your consultant and cosmetic nurse.
The most important thing to remember is that no question is a silly question. It is your hospital, consultant and nurseâ€™s duty to ensure that you are fully informed before you commit to your procedure.
If you would like to learn more about our cosmetic surgery team and procedure, call our team on 01245 474070 or click to the following links below.