MD MSc(Oxon.) FRCS-ORL(Ed.)
Consultant Rhinologist and Ear, Nose and Throat surgeon
Martyn is a Consultant Rhinologist (a sub-specialist Ear, Nose and Throat Surgeon) with an NHS practice at Southend Hospital. He has particular experience in sinus, nasal airway and lacrimal (tear duct) disorders.
Martyn completed his basic medical training at St Bartholomew's Hospital, London.
He obtained an MSc in evidence-based medicine at Oxford, and an MD by research in nasal (and lung) airways disease in Dundee. He went on to ENT training in Scotland then undertook two sub-specialist fellowships in Auckland and Amsterdam.
In both fellowships, Martyn trained with world leaders - advanced sinonasal and skullbase surgery in Auckland, and facial plastic surgery in Amsterdam.
He is a Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh, chairman to SurgTech (non-profit surgical education), a keen educator and regular contributor to international meetings in his speciality.
Subspecialist and Revision Rhinology (Nasal Surgery) including:
• Sinusitis (chronic rhinosinusitis)
• Nasal airway surgery - septoplasty and functional rhinoplasty (congenital, traumatic, or post surgical)
• Repair of nasal perforations
• Lacrimal (tear duct) surgery
• Associated conditions - anosmia (loss of the sense of smell), facial pain, allergy.