I recently joined Baddow Hospital as the Administration Team Leader. It is my responsibility to co-ordinate my team to ensure they provide the essential administrative support required by our patients, consultants and nurses.
My team are kept up-to-date with new developments and procedures to ensure we maintain a high class service in our constantly developing hospital.
I love the fact that everyone here works as a team and everyone is happy to jump in and help other team members whenever the need arises.
1. I’m addicted to peanut butter, especially Peanut Butter M&Ms.
2. I like going to theme parks but I'm very selective about my rides.
I am a Staff Nurse in the Outpatient Department. My background is Plastic and Cosmetic Surgery but I also have experience in Minor Operations, Pain Management and Podiatry.
I run pre-assessment clinics prior to surgery and I also see our patients at their follow-up appointments and sometimes assist in the Minor Operations Room.
I am one of only two nurses in Essex trained to perform the Qutenza Patch, a procedure which we have recently started offering at Baddow Hospital.
I really enjoy the great team spirit. I love the relationship that I build with my patients as I see them before surgery and help settle their nerves at the pre-assessment appointment. Then I get to catch up with them again when they’re on the road to recovery. I also think that the hospital has a lovely feel, like an old fashioned cottage hospital. This spills over into everyday working life and makes for a happy team.
1. I am originally from Norway and used to teach Norwegian folk dances to children.
2. My favourite place in the world is Trevone Beach in Cornwall.
I am the Bookkeeper at Baddow Hospital. I am responsible for paying all our suppliers and processing the accounts information. I also assist the Theatre Team with stock control.
I enjoy being part of a dedicated, friendly team.
1. I love snow skiing but it doesn’t like me...
2. Lifelong Donny fan.
My role in this hospital is to assist the Staff Nurses on the ward with the patients before and after their procedures by taking blood pressures and making sure the patient is okay – and I make lovely tea/coffee and toast!
A new role for me which I really enjoy is in the Minor Operations Department, helping with the Consultants’ daily list (it has been mentioned I am now the queen of this!).
I love going to nice restaurants with friends and family, trying new food and the odd tipple.
My weekends are nearly always busy with family and friends, and entertaining my 10 grandchildren - although most of the time, they’re entertaining me.
I am a hospital receptionist, responsilbe for checking patients in, taking them to their rooms, processing patient information and actioning payments. The receptionists are also the first smiling face on the morning of your surgery.
We play a vital role in making sure clinics run smoothly, requesting patient results and maintaining a clean and tidy reception area.
I thoroughly enjoy my job because the team are like a family and we all work together. I also get the opportunity to liaise with consultants, secretaries, and patients. No day is ever the same, which I love.
1. By September 2017 I will be a wife!
2. I am obsessed with Nutella
I’m Baddow Hospital's Accountant.
I like the friendly atmosphere here - everyone pulls together. And it’s a nice environment to work in, with the fields and trees surrounding Baddow Hospital.
1. I row East Coast Pilot gigs competitively.
2. I enjoy sailing and being by the sea.
I am Baddow Hospital’s Operating Department Practitioner (ODP). I work in partnership with the anaesthetist, preparing specialist equipment and communicating effectively to assess, plan, deliver and evaluate patient care. I ensure patient wellbeing by providing emotional support, monitoring vital signs and responding to patients' changing needs. I recently successfully completed my ALS qualification.
I am part of the scrub team, assisting the surgeon in the Operating Theatre, and I also work in recovery. It is very rare for an ODP to be able to work in all three areas we are trained to work in and I appreciate having the opportunity to use my training and qualifications to the full.
It’s a lovely hospital with a great team and a great work ethic.
1. I had a baby on the same day as my sister, same hospital but 6½ hours apart.
2. I was born with a cleft palate but with no hair lip - that’s a one-in-a-million chance.
I am the Operations Manager at Baddow Hospital and part of the Senior Management Team. My role involves overseeing the administration of the hospital and the staff, overseeing the Clinical Team in the absence of the Hospital Manager, negotiating insurance company contracts, Payroll, and I am the Controlled Drugs officer and responsible for Human Resources. I am a qualified first aider and a fire marshall for Baddow Hospital. I am also ILS + AIMS trained.
I love the environment, the staff and the fact that Baddow Hospital isn’t part of a large chain of hospitals.
1. I make a mean lemon drizzle cake.
2. I'm always 'in it to win it'.
I’m an Administrator at Baddow, based in the front office. Amongst my other duties, I am in charge of all the purchase ordering pathways for the hospital, I undertake audits for Theatre, Outpatients and scanning, as well as being the Ward Clerk for our Podiatry List and being in charge of administration within Podiatry.
I love the family feel, great staff and working with the patients.
1. I lived and travelled in Greece for two years.
2. I have done over 200 jumps.
My role as Outsourcing Lead involves managing the Outsourcing Team. I am also responsible for liaising with consultants and trusts to ensure a seamless pathway for patient care and the smooth running of the NHS theatre lists. I also assist with NHS contracts - I am a spreadsheet queen!
I love the small family feel here at Baddow Hospital – it’s friendly and we go to the pub once a week.
1. I hold national titles as a majorette.
2. I do charity work for Little Havens Hospice. My family and I have raised over £10,000 for this cause over two years.
My position at Baddow Hospital is Health Care Support Worker. My role sees most of our patients through their journey from chaperoning in the Consultation Room to assisting in Theatre.
It’s great to work with nice people who appreciate what you do and being part of a family team.
1. I ran the London Marathon in 2003, one of my all-time great achievements. Loved every 26.2 miles of it.
2. I did a tandem skydive in Spain with my brother, who is a Guinness World Record Holder for doing a 100-way canopy formation jump, twice!
I am the CEO of Baddow Hospital.
This is exciting. Setting up a new hospital and competing against the ‘Big Boys’ is a great challenge, with massive potential for growth.
1. I married my childhood sweetheart
2. I can be obsessive about detail. I once made a 1:500 scale model of Venice which took a year to complete.
I’m Ally, I am the Theatre Sister here at Baddow Hospital. I have many years’ experience in operating theatres with an encyclopaedic knowledge of theatre instruments. I provide experienced, personal care for all patients while delivering assistance to the surgeons. I also ensure all the relevant equipment, special requirements and garments are ready for all surgical cases.
I like working here because it’s a small, friendly team with approachable senior management who care about the staff. We all take great pride in caring for our patients and visitors.
1. I hold regular pamper evenings for Baddow Hospital staff.
2. I hate vinegar on my chips.
I’m the Hospital Manager. I am responsible for the clinical and day-to-day management of Baddow Hospital, ensuring compliance of regulated activities and that the essential standards of quality, patient-centred care and safety are carried out and adhered to. I am a Registered Nurse and like to keep my skills up so, when I can, I will be found in scrubs, working in the Theatre Suite.
I feel very privileged to be the Hospital Manager at Baddow Hospital. I’ve been here since day one and it has been an amazing experience to develop the hospital from scratch and watch it grow. I love coming to work and I am extremely grateful I have amazing staff working for me.
1. I hate tomatoes.
2. I believe a lady should never open a bottle of champagne.
I’m a Staff Nurse at Baddow Hospital. My role is to ensure a smooth recovery and excellent care for patients on our ward. Patients see me for their pre-operative assessments and post-operative care at their follow-up post-surgery appointments.
I like working here as I am a vital part of the patient care pathway and Baddow Hospital’s great team.
1. At the age of 43, I’ve just started swimming lessons.
2. I am fluent in two foreign languages.
I’m an Administrator at Baddow Hospital. My main responsibility is to handle theatre bookings and liaise with consultants, secretaries and patients. Where required, I deal with insurance companies, obtaining relevant information regarding patient admission and I also assist with other administration duties within Baddow Hospital. I’m also one of the fire marshals.
I love having an interesting job which allows me to follow the patient's pathway from consultation to discharge.
1. If I won the lottery, I would open a dog rescue centre.
2. I have a big fear of heights.
I am a Healthcare Assistant at Baddow Hospital and perform a variety of procedures and tasks on a daily basis. I assist our patients before and after operations and also assist our consultants with minor operations and at a variety of clinics.
I am well supported and work with a friendly, caring team.
1. I speak three different languages: English, French and Creole.
2. I learnt how to knit babies blankets, booties and hats by watching videos on YouTube.
As Compliance Administrator, I am responsible for providing guidance and complying with information governance rules and regulations and complying with private healthcare information network rules and regulations. I am also responsible for completing and keeping up-to-date with our doctors’ and consultants’ practicing privileges.
I love working with a great team who deliver excellent care with a smile every time, providing a fantastic environment for both patients and colleagues.
1. I am one of five children.
2. I LOVE Marmite....a lot!
I am a Health Care Support Worker (HCSW) at Baddow Hospital and I work mainly in Theatre and the Minor Ops Room. I am responsible for making sure all paperwork is completed, as well as assisting the Scrub Nurse during surgery. I take patients into Theatre and, with the rest of the Theatre Team, make sure that every patient's journey is seamless. Besides this, I am currently in full time education, studying to become an Operating Department Practitioner (ODP), which I should finish by summer 2018.
The family feeling. Everyone helps each other and nothing is too much trouble.
1. I used to be a competitive figure skater and coach. I never lost a competition.
2. I once had a Chinese meal with Shirley Bassey.
I am an Outsourcing Co-ordinator. My role involves booking all NHS patients’ appointments as well as communicating with anaesthetists, radiographers and consultants to arrange theatre lists and clinics. I work in a consistently busy department where, as a team, we strive to make every patient’s visit to Baddow Hospital as smooth as possible.
Everyone is so friendly and helpful, especially when you’re new and learning how everything is done.
1. I love baking, especially cakes.
2. I enjoy going on holiday to new places. I'm hoping to go to Canada or America in 2016.
I am the Medical Secretary at Baddow Hospital. My main role is to type letters dictated by consultants in various specialities.
I have been made to feel very welcome since starting at Baddow Hospital and feel all the staff are very approachable and helpful.
1. I have an obsession with handbags. I have over 50 in various different colours and varieties.
2. My dad is a magician. At the age of 13, I was part of an illusion on stage where I had to jump out of a box - unfortunately the box came with me and led to me being sacked!
I am a Registered Nurse with over 20 years’ experience. Surgical nursing is what I love the most. I have a passion for caring for people and at Baddow Hospital, I’m able to see each patient from admission right through to discharge. This means I can make sure their stay is the very best it can be.
I’ve been working at Baddow for over six months now and I love working here. The staff have been brilliant at helping me to settle in.
1. I am a smiler and love the saying 'If you smile at someone they have to smile back'. Most of the time it works!
2. I am currently learning to play the guitar at the insistence of my nine-year-old daughter. After three months of training, I can just about play the first half of 'Jingle Bells'.
I am a Hospital Service Co-ordinator at Baddow Hospital. My job is to keep the hospital clean and tidy at all times.
Everyone is so friendly. We’re like a big happy family.
1. I like listening to music.
2. I do the Essex Air Ambulance Bike Run every year.
I am a Theatre Scrub Practitioner at Baddow Hospital and I am present at both Minor Ops and Theatre cases. With years of experience in the theatre environment, I am also responsible for teaching new members of staff and passing on my knowledge to them. I also help with ordering stores and checking stock levels.
It’s such a friendly environment. All the staff are great to work with and it has such a family atmosphere.
1. I worked in Saudi Arabia for two years
2. I am in a team from Baddow Hospital that competes in a pub quiz every Wednesday evening. We’re known as ‘The Baddow Babes'.
I’m a Theatre Scrub Nurse at Baddow Hospital. As well as maintaining the safety of patients whilst in Theatre, I assist the surgeons and other members of the team whilst surgery is taking place.
I’ve not worked at Baddow very long but have already noticed that the team are like a family, which, hopefully, I will soon be a valuable member of.
1. I am trying to learn bass guitar so I can join my friend’s band.
2. I play darts for a local team, where I have been league doubles champion for four years running (team name ‘Magic Mike’).
I am the Hospital Service Co-ordinator at Baddow. My role involves keeping the hospital clean and tidy at all times.
I like the people I work with. We’re all team players.
1. I hate cooking and I have never cooked a Christmas dinner.
2. I love animals.