The harmful effects of too much sun exposure throughout our lives, so that excessive sun exposure in youth can give rise to skin cancers and premature skin aging later on. So make sure you protect your children from the sun and ensure they never sunburn.
- Avoid prolonged sun exposure between about 11am and 3pm from early April to late September in the UK.
- If outdoor exposure is necessary at these times seek the shade or cover up with protective clothing.
- A broad spectrum sunscreen should be applied to areas of skin which cannot be protected by clothing, preferably SPF 30 or more, offering also high UVA protection, of at least 4* in the Boots system.
- Applications should be applied liberally to all exposed areas, shortly before exposure and every couple of hours.
- Sunscreens should not be used to stay outside longer or just to avoid more reliable protective measures such as clothing and shade.
To book a Consultation with our Dermatologist Dr Lateo call our reception team on 01245 474070.